Wednesday 7 November 2012

Writing Ideas.

To improve writing, it needs to be done all the time.

I know some of you might already have a blog, but you don't really know what to write about. So I've written this special entry to give you some ideas.

***

When I was in Grade 6 (Tahun 6), I began keeping a diary. By the time I was in Form 5, I had completed four books. When I went to college, I became too busy, and so I stopped. A year into college, I began writing again in my own private blog. All the way until now.

It's funny to see how I've changed in my writing. When I was in Form 1, I wrote like this:

"OMG I HATE MY SISTER"
"Then 'F' said he was her boyfriend, and I told her -"
"I hate it when M eats chicken because her hands smell bad afterwards.."
"I saw Him walking with that girl today. Why am I not pretty like her.."

I also had lots of colours and drawings in the diary. When I was in Form 4, I had become more mature. I had experienced a lot. The atmosphere was still the same, but I was calmer and my language was a lot better.

"I finished the project today! I can't believe I did it. I hope I'll get an A."
"To be or not to be. That is the question. Shakespeare said this. I'm still contemplating the prospects of different ambitions and different colleges.."
"Prioritizing is not a focal point of my personality. Unfortunately, neither is punctuality. Which is worrisome."

I also kept a book where I wrote stories and drew pictures. I liked to read and write my own stories, so my vocabulary expanded and my writing also improved.

Some people don't want to write about themselves, so they choose a topic that their blog will be about. These are called 'Special Interest Blogs'.

For example, blogs about politics (Tun Dr Mahathir's blog), blogs about marriage (Journey of a Bride-to-Be), blogs about travel (MyTrips and Kampung Boy City Gal) and blogs about baking (Cake On The Brain) or even K-Pop (Asia 24/7 and Super KPop).

As you can see, their blogs have their own links and look very exciting with lots of pictures and graphics. In order to find out what you can do with your blog, you need to play around with it. Click on the different links to see what you can do. When I first started blogging, no one taught me how to do it. I just experimented by myself and used photoshop to create my own background pictures.

I hope, students, you can start writing a blog so that you can practice expressing your feelings and opinions. You will also improve your computer skills! Facebook is not the only thing on the Internet, so look around for the good stuff.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment