Monday 5 August 2013

Time.

It has been a while since I updated my blog. With the festive season fast approaching and having some time off from school, I felt like writing again. Students, you may see teachers coming in and out of class as if this were all we did. I wish it was. The multitude of other tasks you don't see really wear us down. So the holidays are as much appreciated by teachers, perhaps even more so, than by you.

How is your Ramadhan going? Alhamdulillah, mine is still going pretty well. Just a couple of days to go before this beautiful month leaves us again. I always feel disappointed when Ramadhan ends, because it seems as it leaves, it takes along the peace and all the goodness that it brought. And I get frustrated for not doing more to benefit from this month. It happens every year. I do, however, love getting so much work done, because when you're fasting, you don't really feel all that hungry. All the time cooking and tarawikh prayers are reserved for the evening, so the day will be very productive.

I'm a bit anxious and apprehensive about the coming 1st of Syawal. This will be my first Raya with my husband and his family, and I do feel a bit worried about all the preparations. We will be spending it both at my parents' and his parents' house in the village. He has been very supportive of me and my cooking, so I'm hoping I can contribute something delicious and palatable to the Eid Menu this year. Cookies? Nope. Cake? Maybe. I'm still juggling dessert options in my mind. After both our families' houses, we'll be off to Labuan for a trip to the village. Then off to Johor for a wedding. It's going to be one busy Raya this year. My sister is coming back from Japan the day before Raya, and I'm really excited about that too.

Ah, the always important question of color. Our theme this Raya  is maroon. Just keeping it as simple as possible - a tailored baju kurung for me and a bought baju Melayu with sampin for mi vida.

Well, to sign off, I wish all my students a happy Raya. May you be blessed with joy and success, and get lots of duit raya. Don't forget to study in the second week, especially my PMR students. If I've ever said any words that hurt you, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Please know whatever I say or do (or any teacher) are not meant to hurt you, but to make you become a better person. You may not understand it now, but you will be grateful in the future. So please take advice from someone who has lived longer, and knows a lot more about the world than you do.

All the love to your families too. Make sure you ask for forgiveness from all your family members, that's the Raya spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment